The Pike Association of Southern Baptists is currently receiving applications for a part-time Business & Finance Manager. The person in this position will be responsible for the accurate accounting and handling of all associational finances and for administering the business affairs of the association. The workload will usually be 5-10 hours per week, but will occasionally increase during peak ministry times throughout the year. Some responsibilities may be completed remotely.
- Work with the associational staff and appropriate committees in planning, implementing, and monitoring the annual associational budget.
- Establish and maintain an efficient plan of financial record keeping and reporting.
- Prepare and make bank deposits on a regular basis.
- Oversee all aspects of payroll process including: prepare and distribute payroll checks,maintain payroll files, complete payroll tax filings/quarterly tax returns, year-end returns, W-2s, and 1099s.
- Upon review and approval of AMS, prepare and distribute accounts payable checks.
- Conduct reconciliation of association bank accounts monthly.
- Coordinate with the Audit Committee for the annual financial audit prior to the association’sFall Semi-Annual Meeting.
- Negotiate contracts and maintenance agreements for equipment/facilities.
- Keep office equipment in good working order and contact service if maintenance is needed. Advise supervisor of any office equipment or software needs.
- Maintain office supplies and order as needed.
- Assist with the planning and execution of associational events as directed by the AMS.
- Prepare the annual associational calendar, including the scheduling of meeting locations for Executive Board and semi-annual meetings.
- Distribute Annual Church Profiles to associational churches and compile information intoassociational reports and SBC Workspace website.
- Work with AMS to prepare materials for Executive Board meetings.
- Work with AMS to prepare Program & Book of Reports for semi-annual meetings.
- Review phone messages, return calls (when appropriate), and forward messages to AMS.
- Study annually the insurance program and recommend necessary changes.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Associational Mission Strategist.
- Member in good standing of a Southern Baptist church.
- Personally adheres to the Baptist Faith & Message (2000).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred, but not required.
- Church or church-related financial management experience preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience using Quickbooks or a similar financial services software is preferred.
How to Apply:
Download and complete the job application (see below). Email completed application along with optional resume to Jason Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.