The three primary ways to get involved in the work of the Pike Association of Southern Baptists are to: (1) Pray, (2) Partner, and (3) Participate.
As the Pike Association seeks to help churches partner together to reach eastern Kentucky and the world for Christ, we recognize that every successful endeavor undertaken by God’s people is always directly linked to the prayers of God’s people. Jesus himself commanded His disciples to pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest (Luke 10:2). This is why we desperately covet your prayers in several ways:
- Pray that our churches would be prayerfully and actively seeking to reach the approximately 56,500 unchurched people in Pike County with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God would raise up an army potential pastors and church planters to carry on the work of the churches in the future.
- Pray for the leadership of the Pike Association to have full understanding and obedience to God’s leading.
- Pray that the churches of the Pike Association would be strong, healthy, vibrant, gospel-centered congregations that are unified around a cooperative kingdom mindset.
- Pray that the churches of the Pike Association would be mobilized for mission both locally and globally.
The Pike Association of Southern Baptists is almost entirely funded by the contributions of individuals and churches. Without the generosity of our financial partners, the work of the Pike Association would be severely hindered. If you would like to financially partner with us, you can mail your tax-deductible gift to:
Pike Association of Southern Baptists
P.O. Box 2973
Pikeville, KY 41502
The Pike Association provides many opportunities to serve. Our annual LoveLoud local missions project allows churches and individuals to participate in local missions through construction, community service, servant evangelism, prayer-walking, survey work, and meal preparation and delivery. For more information about LoveLoud, click here.
In addition to LoveLoud, the Pike Association is currently developing strategic partnerships which will provide individuals and churches the opportunity to go on mission trips in other parts of North America as well as internationally.
The Pike Association also provides many church strengthening (a.k.a. leadership development) events throughout the year. Check out a list of these events here.
Finally, the Pike Association is actively seeking to plant new churches in the region. If you would like more information about becoming a church planter or serving on a church planting core team, click here, or contact our Director of Missions, Jason Lowe, at 432-2660.